Wednesday 5 October 2011

Olusegun Obasanjo Denies Letter To Jonathan

Oct 5, 2011 – Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday denied writing President Goodluck Jonathan to remove some chief executives. He described the story, published exclusively by The Nation yesterday, as a figment of the imagination.

Obasanjo spoke at the presidential wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos. He was on his way overseas.

He arrived at the presidential wing in a three-car convoy, accompanied by his friend, Dr Femi Majekodunmi.

The former president flew a private jet with registration number N169SD, which took off at about 10.40 am.

Obasanjo said: “I have not written to the President since his inauguration. I think probably I wrote to him last year on honours and awards for some Nigerians. So, if any newspaper has written that, it’s a figment of their imagination and I will refer it to my lawyers and they will hear from my lawyer. The Nation stands by the story, the editors said yesterday. The bromide of the letter is published on page one.

Obasanjo also spoke on the security situation in the country, saying:

“Well, I don’t think anybody needs to be an oracle to make any pronouncement on security situation. It must be the concern of all of us. It is my own concern as a Nigerian because without security in the country, then, there is not much we can do. So, there is a need for peace and security for development and progress in the nation. The Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potrix Naija Blog