Monday 20 May 2013

POEMS & ARTICLES: From Paolo Abamwa


LIFE & DEATH:
-Life is weaker than death I believe
-cause death always wins in the fight to live
-since we will all die eventually
-we might as well know when our breath will cease
-I knew of a future with loved ones
-death you have taken my future, now I plan for new ones.
-Nobody makes it out of Life Alive
-if everybody dies then no one in heaven is alive.
He met you by "Accident" but then the pleasure was all yours.
RIP DJ Spencer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARTICLE: DEGENERATION OF MUSIC:

Every 'ARTISTE' wants to be an 'ARTIST'
Trying to be colourful with every 'ART'
Just to get 'CHEESE' Like 'RATS'
They end up in 'TRAPS'.

'The Generation' of some kind of music has lead to 'DEGENERATION ' of music as a whole.Its like music has lost value.People now see music as a career only and no longer for the art.Because of the posh and extravagant lifestyle portrayed by Artistes and music personnel, every young boy aspires to to 'VENTURE' into music neglecting the basics like family and even school.Music used to be meaningful, it used to relate to every kind of person.There was never a person who didn't like music especially since there were different Genres performed by different Artistes.To show the importance of music, songs are used to render Worship and Praise to the Almighty.The songs now produced beginning from the very 'LOUD' NOISY Beats to the bad messages passed, empty Lyrical content and use of Vulgar words.Upcoming artistes should be very listened to cause its at this point they tend to bring out their best and make sense.Yes every upcoming artiste wants to be known and successful but most times when they are finally in success, the fame gets to them and they join the bad train.These artistes end up having many problems especially amongst themselves because the fans expect a lot from them as good role models and other lots according to what the artiste has shown previously. Because the artiste claim to be making so much money,they are expected to be in 'FANCY CARS', wear 'EXPENSIVE JEWELRIES',date 'SUPER MODELS' etc.In the process to acquire these material things,many deviate into arts they are not familiar with.They claim to be multi-talented and try to get money from several genres forgetting that Jack of all Trades is the master of none.However not all are guilty, some stay true to the art.Some love making good music.Most people don't realise t takes much more than just talent and/or passion to go into music.Its normal for everyone to have passion to Listen to music but its another to 'LOVE' and 'CRAVE' to make music because of the love and not rewards.Talent is also very important and so is hard work and of course God's blessings. so artistes remember you are making music for music and not for wealth.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARTICLE: Music & School:
I used to think lyrics was all I could write but I've written several Examinations (and passed), poems, articles and even love letters. :D Anyways I wouldn't be able to write if I didn't go to school.Its true most of these great musicians didn't go to or even complete school but no doubt one way or the other, they wish they had.School is necessary because it gives ideas.It doesn't have to be a general course, it could even be a musical course.Whats wrong if an aspiring artiste goes through school to study music?!The reason most aspiring artistes don't want to go to school is simply impatience.They feel school will slow them down, which is true but there's no rush to greatness.I feel am one of the greatest lyricist on earth and if I don't act fast, I might lose my talent or have other people better than me but the truthful fact is if its in you its in you even time will respect that, so school should be taken importantly cause it helps your reasoning,gives you an edge,makes you adjust to the modern life cause society wont teach you that.Music can even be performed along school and even in school.School and its events can even help to promote your music or is there any better audience for music than in the school?! Tuface is a great artiste no doubt but am very certain he sometimes wishes he went to school.His speeches cant be compared to the likes of Banky W, Naeto c etc.Naeto C on the hand is an artiste who is very proud he went through music and school, it is a wonderful feeling.Its stressful but when its all done, you'll be bold to say the only MC with a Msc or a Phd as the case may be(No rhyme intended). Mo'cheddah is yet another artiste i admire, no seriously I admire you Mo(can I kiss u?Lol). She was a well known artiste at the same time studying Theatre Arts (career related) in University of Lagos.When she graduated, her artiste friends alongside some brands came to support her cause its a sign of respect to be fulfilled in both music and school.It just shows you know what you are doing.So any young artiste out there thinking to drop out of school and pursue your 'dreams', you certainly don't want it to be a nightmare so think again and remember there's no rush to greatness.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOVE and KISS:

Love is affection,Love is care,Love is really taking care hence why we are told to love others as we love ourselves.There's no doubt kissing is a way of showing love.When a child is born, what is the first activity he does with the people around him,open eyes,suck,laugh??Nah 'it' gets a kiss from the people around to show love and as a way of welcoming 'it' into the world.Everyone loves babies and that's the reason everyone loves to kiss a baby regardless of the gender.Early stages of life say primary school, the only 'immoral' act the children can know is a kiss because they have probably learnt it from a love scene either on TV or around them.If they as little as they are not knowing much kiss themselves secretly when they Like one another, it only means the connection between Love and kiss is true.It is known that the day you share a first kiss with someone you love is the day the relationship officially starts.Yes kisses leads to relationships.I know someone who got kissed by a girl on a first date and they just got into a relationship.(Yea i know me :D). If kiss is not connected to love, people wouldn't get angry when they see their spouse or partner kissing someone else after all there's no harm.Its just two lips, one in another.Some people however think kissing is disgusting, "that one na their own", they haven't loved yet if you ask me.So now you know if you love anything or anyone go ahead and kiss.Yes your teacher,new dress,pet, friend etc.Remember there are types of kisses too.Keep kissing and kissing till you contact germs.Lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARTICLE: WORD TO ARTISTES
Some Artistes can rap/sing on a very good beat and perfectly at that while some cant. Some can write lyrics perfectly but can’t deliver (flow) with it in a song. Whichever the case, these artistes need to improve.
          In professional music, there’s songwriting whereby a more experienced person probably gets paid to write a song and gets credit for it. Many big musicians in the world today use songwriters. E.g. BeyoncĂ©, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Diddy etc.
          The art of songwriting wasn’t accepted in hip hop as fans of the culture believed every rapper’s lyrics was relayed from the heart or exactly how it is. But however, not every rapper could write so ‘GHOST WRITING’ was introduced. A ghost writer would write a song for a rapper, get paid more than the usual and get no credit at all for writing the song. Nobody is to know of the transaction ever. It has been rumored that artistes like Jay Z, Drake, Lil Wayne amongst others make use of ghostwriters but because it can never be proven it remains a rumor.
          Dear Artistes, the lyrics you put on your songs matters a lot. Good delivery without good lyrical content will receive no value of attention whatsoever. Some artistes use good lyrics to revive the life of a ‘dead whack’ beat. Some rappers are ‘whack’ and have failed to realize they need to up their lyrical standard. There’s no crime in having a songwriter or ghost writer provided you know what you want to achieve.
          Don’t be ashamed, get better and reliable lyrics at affordable price.
CONTACT The GHOST WRITER today…
EmaiL: paolokonqueror@gmail.com
Tel No: 0812-973-9907
“Ghost writing for those that want to stay alive…”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OPEN LETTER
Hi, I’m a writer and am writing this open letter to the general public. All my life I have loved reading articles, poems, newspapers, books especially novels, practically reading for fun and knowledge.
Writing came in and became a very great part of my life. It became one of the ways I could create what I would enjoy reading and people will enjoy as well. I enjoyed reading so I feel obliged to write a good piece at every point I pick up a pen in my life.
          I write Poems, Articles (All kinds), songs, books etc.

DO YOU NEED LYRICS?
DO YOU NEED POEMS?
DO YOU NEED ARTICLES?
DO YOU NEED BOOKS?
CONTACT The GHOST WRITER today…
EmaiL: paolokonqueror@gmail.com
Tel No: 0812-973-9907
“Ghost writing for those that want to stay alive…”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LETTER TO MY UNBORN SON
Hey Nigga, I’ll probably name you after me cause I’m hoping you’ll be a me or even better. One thing I’m sure about is that I won’t be able to refer to you as ‘Nigga’ and you shouldn’t dare either. You’ll call me dad and I’ll call you, well anything I feel like depending on my mood and your actions.
          I’m damn sure I’ll get you the best mum because I have a very high taste. You’ll respect and love her so much cause without her, your life even with me will be empty. You’ll grow and live life in a manner that pleases you and most importantly God. Trust me, you don’t want to please any human other than yourself. Life is hard but as a kid you wouldn’t notice because I’ll be there for you. As you grow older it becomes tougher, I’ll still be there for you but I’ll want you to learn on your own. At least that’s what I think my dad thinks.
I’ll bug you about school and how important it is because it’s what fathers do and it’s somewhat important. I’ll always be there to guide you and give you counseling. People (Church, society, school) will expect a lot from you but like I said do what is true to you and God.
Oh and yea peer pressure is a very bad must happen disease. You’ll definitely come across bad friends but your ability to stay away from them and make the right choices when you need to, keeps you in check. They’ll pressure you to be like them and even give you virtually reasonable reasons why but do not be fooled and do what is right.
Yep and one more thing, GIRRRLS!!!There’ll be a time when girls wouldn’t mean a thing to you. You’ll probably insult and tease them but as you grow older, you’ll crave for them. Some girls you love mightn’t feel the same way, some might settle with you just to benefit from material things, your looks, style intelligence etc. So instead of letting them play you, play them. Am kidding, or maybe not.
I think that’ll be all for now till we meet, I need to be with your mum now and who knows you might pop out sooner.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POEM: Feelings for Muna
-         This is the Truth, I’ll tell no lie
-         I hope for an opportunity you’ll give me chance
-         My love for you I believe knows no bounds
-         I see you as ‘flawless’ and now in my heart you’ve gained ‘grounds’
-         You are beautiful like the word beautiful
-         I feel peace whenever I think of you
-         I always knew from day one you’ll say I’m little
-         But that’s what these feelings turn me into
-         You’re a queen, let me be your king
-         The best love song for you I’ll sing
-         I might be trash but don’t put me in a bin
-         I’m not a coward, just scared to tell you how I feel.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARTICLE: COMPANY
I know what you’re thinking but nah you’re wrong. Company here has nothing to do with business, or maybe it does. Anyways I’m talking your hang out. People you walk with, people you play with, people you eat with, people you do things with, people you talk with. If you notice, it is some sort of interaction between parties as the word “with” is used and not “to” especially in the case of talk.
The people you do things with no doubt has a very great influence on your own lifestyle. There wouldn’t be anything like peer pressure if the company a person keeps has no effect. There’s a popular saying “show me your friends and I’ll tell who you are…” this is true to an extent. The statement “if you can’t beat them, join them” also comes handy when discussing company.
          Companies are not always bad. It could be good but it all depends on one phenomenon, “CHOICE”.
Choice is decision making on what one thinks will suite him/her. When you choose your company rightly, absolutely nothing can go wrong but when you do things with bad people, you tend to live like them. It starts by first admiring their life style, then wanting to hang with them, LOCKING OUT your conscience that you can no longer tell the difference between good and evil.
          The bible teaches us to make good company (Proverbs 13:20)
There are simple ways in staying away from bad company:
1.    Satisfaction that comes with being contented. The minute a person is not contented with what he/she has, bad company is attracted. Proverbs 12:26 shows that even the good admire and are seduced by the ways of the bad ones.
2.    Choice of friends: Every friend one has, no doubt has a role to play in their life. There is a reason why the friendship exists. If it is worth it then it should hang on but if it’s not, it is advised that it be cut off.
3.    Abstain from their path: He who walks in the path of righteousness shall meet only righteousness. Avoid bad company by staying away from their places of hangouts like clubs, parties etc. A person often going to where people smoke means the person is interested in smoking. So yea abstain, remember company in a way define you so make the right choice today.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POEM: A TROUBLED MIND
-        Worry is a Journey
-        It takes you through so many phases in a hurry
-        It gives no time to see things as they are really
-        Before you know it, you are sorry.

-        I have no faith in fate
-        I believe my fate lies in my faith
-        The odds are against me in this stake
-        But I know a God who never forsakes

-        Life is short, so reach the heights of it
-        Talk is cheap, pay expensive to listen to it
-        Am in a dark room am the light to it
-        Nothing is too big to handle unless ‘I NO FIT’
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potrix Naija Blog