Friday 15 February 2013

ARTICLE: Poverty & Underdevelopment in Africa #iwant2work4africa

   
Hi everyone,

I Hope you are having a good day. please kindly lend me little time, I want to share some issues related to Africa and its problem with you guys. We love Africa, its a natural thing  to love our home, No place like home. You will agree with me today that Africa is currently facing a lot of Challenges that seem unbeatable, but I stand today to tell you that we can make Africa a better place within a short time. According to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Corruption & Insecurity are the major problems for Africa.

In my own opinion, there are more problems dragging Africa to the mud, but whatever the case may be, The first step for making Africa become a second paradise is dedicating ourself for hard work and commitment

Please continue reading...
We can't achieve anythping without Love, Peace and Unity

Moving on...

I BELIEVE IN AFRICA
"Changing your beliefs concerning what IS possible will through seemingly mystical and magical means, manifest into that which you previously believed, and as a result found, to be impossible."                                            - Chuck Danes 
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move."                  - The Bible, Matthew 17:20 
"The person who sends out positive THOUGHTS activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results."                              - Norman Vincent Peale
Three years ago when I told my dad I wanted to start up a blog and a magazine, he paused for some seconds and said "I believe in you son!" This gave me all I needed for the journey. The spirit has been turned on, the courage awakened, the zeal arrived. That moment I vowed never to let him down no matter the circumstance. This word "belief" is very powerful. What am I trying to say? Let us believe in Africa. Let us realise Africa is ours, let us realise Africa is the future and we will be surprise how things will change in seconds. 

THE FUTURE
Permit me to talk about my dad again, an adage he uses frequently; "iru m diri oyi ma azu m karri ma oyi" You may not be able to read and understand this because I wrote it in my dialect, for some Igbo people it may still sound Greek, it means "let my tomorrow be great but let my generation be greater". I asked him one day to explain to me, he said  "if my generation is not greater than me it simply means there are no improvements".

                       

Part of the problem we have in Africa is from our Leaders, I think it is wise we start now to train and sharpen the mind of our young Africans for a better tomorrow. Good schooling, Strong Moral lessons, Motivational Speeches. Giving them the basic fundamental background, embedding a rich and classic mindset at their tender age.

WE CAN'T CONTINUE LIKE THIS 

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality" — Walt Disney

“What you are, the world is. And without your transformation, there can be no transformation of the world.” —J. Krisnamurti

 “Your education is the single most important investment you can make in your future.” — President Obama:

While drawing the plans of how to make the future better, we can't neglect the present. Millions of African both children and adults are dying of starvation and diseases,  which can be well controlled. Majority of the youths who are comfortable graduates are jobless. I can remember publishing a news on this blog late last year, I think November or so when a job was advertised, only 2000 people where needed and over 30,000 people applied. Of course, due to Nigeria's ailment, I'm sure the best candidates were not selected, it must be manipulated, at the end of the day we leave our youths heartbroken and discouraged from education.

In a certain radio station located in a certain state in Nigeria, let me use the word privilege, I was privileged  to witness a serious argument by four people, five people including me, they all said education is not important, and I'm like, you say? with raised eyebrows, they all repeated it, one of them said he is going to school just to satisfy his parents, the other said let him tell me what he is going to do to his children, I asked what? please tell me. I quote "When I marry and have kids, after their secondary school I will call them, seat them down and ask them whether they want to continue with education or not" I raised my eyebrows the second time, he said "yes if you want to go into barrow pushing, or whatever I will send you to the highest Academy of Barrow Pushers in the world". that minute I realised that the quickest thing that change the mindset of people is their environment and personal experiences.

I withheld myself from telling him, that would be the most stupid thing to do as a father because the age difference was much, before I left there I discovered only one person was a graduate, and he is working as a news editor at the station definitely his salary couldn't have been more than 30,000 Naira. I understand their pain but my dad has made me realise one thing; Education is not for money when you read widely your level of reasoning can't be the same with a drop-out. Imagine what will happen to Africa if all the young Africans are drop-outs.


When you stare at the left photo for a while don't you feel like crying? Someone said Yes? well you must have a black hole as a heart. Children are the most loveable creatures in the world. Something has to be done, we can't fold our hands and watch Africans suffer in the hands of  hunger and diseases. I will stop here for now, I'm working on a video titled MY DREAM FOR AFRICA. I will publish it on this blog very soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I applied for the #iwant2work4africa – World Bank Social Media Internship Search. I hope I'm selected, I thought of sharing it with you guys at least so you can pray for my success. If World bank gives me this golden opportunity I promise to utilize it to the maximum level.  This is my passion, this is what I like to do, this is my life.

Thanks for your time Twitter @potrix101


1 comment:

  1. Potrix Potrix! This is so inspiring, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Potrix Naija Blog