Wednesday 12 September 2012

Rukky Sanda.- ‘Why I Donated 500,000 Naira To A Cancer Patient.’

            
The name Rukky Sanda might not ring a bell but her picture will definitely give you a glimpse of the stuff the sultry actress is made of.  Recently, Rukayat Sanda ( Her Real Name ) made a donation towards helping a cancer patient- Funmi Lawal- with a cool sum of 500,000 Naira ( £2000+ ). The Nollywood Actress had this to say when asked about what prompted her to make such a donation.

Continue reading to see her exact words

In her words ” One of my friends in the movie industry, Tonto Dike, actually initiated it so most of the credit should go to her. I know absolutely nothing about the story or the lady. Tonto had heard about it and she was really worried and concerned. She has such an amazing heart, that crazy girl. She actually called me at 6am on Tuesday Morning because it bothered her and she could not sleep.
I didn’t really get what she was saying because I was sleeping. I  told her I’d call when I woke up. When I finally did at 2pm, we spoke and she expressed her sympathy and said she wanted us to do something. So we decided to make the donation and we contributed equally.”

She explained further that people may say that the donations are too much and criticise Tonto Dike and her for making their generosity public. According to Rukky: ” I don’t buy that kind of idea because I don’t know how a good deed will be perceived as an issue of having too much money or showing off. I’m comfortable.  I thank God and I don’t think there is such a thing as having too much money. Moreover, I would love to be extremely rich in every way because even the richest people want more money.  So it is nothing like that.  We never even intended for it to be public.  I don’t know how it got out. She needed the money more than we did and I’m glad we were able to help her.  So that being said, keep her in your prayers and lets hope she fully recovers and gets back to her life in restored health.”
Rukky Sanda, a graduate of Banking and Finance from the Lagos State University ( LASU ) has been in Nollywood since 2004. In that year, she featured in her first Movie ‘Angel and the Beasts ‘.  Rukky, whose role models are Liz Benson and Patience Ozokwor, has been in over 20 flicks since then. Some of them are Campus Love, Weeping Tiger and Strength of War.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potrix Naija Blog