Friday 14 October 2011

Dr. Dre’s $300 million Beats deal

Hip hop legend turned entrepreneur Dr. Dre has confirmed recent reports claiming his popular Beats By Dre headphones have teamed with smartphone supplier HTC for a $300 million investment

According to Dre, Beats by Dre is in a partnership with Verizon to launch their new smartphone line.

“I am trying to build my electronics company, Beats Electronics. We just signed a major deal with HTC and we have cell phones coming out in the next two weeks. I am involved in Chrysler; we are in cars right now. My whole thing is to take over everything with a speaker. That is what I am shooting for. The phone will be on Verizon and, like I said, it is going to be out in the next 2 weeks. … I am trying to be number 2 to Apple, and number 2 to Apple is not a bad position to be in.”

Talk about a hustler’s ambition. Why not be Number 1 though?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potrix Naija Blog