Wednesday 14 December 2011

Tenant kills landlord in Ogun

                                                         
A tenant, who allegedly killed his landlord in Ogijo area of Ogun State has been arrested by the state Police Command. He was said to have killed Afolabi Olayinka, 73 after being allegedly hit with a club. 

Parading the suspect yesterday, the Ogun State Police Commissioner, Mr. Nicholas Nkemdeme, said the murder suspect would soon be charged to court.
But in what appears as a claim of innocence of his landlord’s death, the suspect explained the circumstances leading to the septuagenarian’s death and regretted his action.:


“I can’t remember hitting with any dangerous weapon or club as being alleged. What happened on the fateful day was that I returned home very late after work.

“On getting home, the landlord challenged me that I was late, at about some minutes to 10 in the night. I promptly told him that I was not late.  He got angry at my reply, even when my co-tenants intervened. The old man insisted that he would not allow me in.
“So we started dragging it and my landlord in his attempt at ensuring that I did not enter my room followed me outside. In the process, he collapsed and he was immediately rushed to the hospital. Unfortunately, he died before he got to the hospital.

“God is my witness, I did not hit him with anything as being claimed by the police. We were only engaged in a scuffle and nothing more.” Also paraded was a man who allegedly strangled his father to death during a scuffle at Oja-Odan in Yewa South Local Government Area of the state.
According to Nkemdeme, the Baale of Olorunlekan put a ‘Save-our-Soul’ call to the Police team at Oja-Odan after which the suspect was arrested.

He said his command was on top of the situation:
“The Command today will parade some suspects were arrested by the Police to serve as deterrent to other criminals or potential ones who may be willing to disturb the state.”
He added that efforts were also in top gear to unravel the recent bank robbery attacks in the state, promising that the fleeing robbers would be apprehended.

Nkemdeme disclosed that the corpse of one of the robbers who recently attacked banks in Sagamu had been recovered along Simawa village, a suburb of Sagamu, riddled with Police AK 47 riffle bullets.
He commended the efforts of the Sagamu vigilante group who he said assisted the police during the operation. He commiserated with the family of a member of the group who was shot dead by robbers during the attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potrix Naija Blog