Friday 9 December 2011

2FACE’S MANAGER ROBBED AT GUN POINT



                                                   

Efe Omorogbe, Now Muzik boss and manager to African pop act 2face Idibia was recently robbed of his car – a BMW X3 SUV (Grey BMW X3. Reg number: KR 526 EKY. Engine no: WBXPA73464WC36602 Chasis no: (same as engine number) and other valuables by gunmen on Monday night, December 5, 2011. Omorogbe, a veteran writer and talent manager says he was driving back home along Ota road, when a vehicle overtook his and in a sudden twist another vehicle parked very close beside him and then, about eight men alighted from both vehicles and commanded him to come out from his car.
‘I immediately came out of my car and was asked to get into the back seat. Four men got in with me’, Omorogbe told Nigerian Entertainment Today in a telephone conversation. He was then commanded to stay face down so as not to see where they (the robbers) were driving to. ‘They asked me to tell them where the security key in the car was but I told them there wasn’t one. They didn’t believe me at first and hit me several times. They even threatened to kill me if the car stopped abruptly’, Omorogbe narrated. After driving for about 20 minutes, they finally let him out not before stripping him of his shirt, trousers, wristwatch, wedding ring and shoes and then asked him to run into the bushes. He came out several minutes later and saw a thousand Naira on the floor (Efe strongly suggests the robbers must have dropped it for him), walked to a nearby residence where he met someone who gave him clothes to wear and drove him to the police station near Ota Farms. ‘My wife drove down there and picked me up. They stole everything; my laptop, iPad, wallet, reading glasses, internet modem’, says Omorogbe . ‘I’m happy I’m alive’, Omorogbe says about the incidence. And when asked if it had been a deliberate robbery attempt on him, he responded by saying ‘No, I don’t think so, it could have been anybody’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Potrix Naija Blog